SCHOOL POLICIES & ETIQUETTE
- PSB has a no-watch policy. This prevents distractions and allows us to provide a quality dance experience for your child. Observation week is the last week of the Fall Semester.
- Please wear cover-ups over dance clothing when entering or leaving the studio. Dance shoes should not be worn outside the building.
- Students must be in required class attire to take class. (Warm-ups are only permitted in class at teacher's discretion.)
- Hair must be pulled back away from face and secured neatly for all classes; headbands should be worn with short hair.
- NO jewelry other than pierced ear studs may be worn in class.
- Students may be dismissed from class for talking, disrespectful behavior or disrupting class.
- Please have dancers change clothes (or diapers) in the dressing room. Please keep strollers outside. Cameras and videos are only allowed during Observation Week.
- A student arriving more than 10 minutes late may watch class but may not participate.
- Chewing gum is NOT allowed in the building; only water is allowed in the studios (no other food or drink). No nuts please!
- Students below Level 3 are not permitted in studios without teacher's permission.
Enrollment and Payment Options
You may register in person, by phone, by e-mail, or mail.
Early Bird Registration:
Pre-register between December 4 - January 13 with a deposit and you will receive the Early Bird Discount as follows:
R&2's-Thresh 1 - $3 per installment
Thresh 2 - Level 3- $5 per installment
Levels 4-6 - $10 per installment.
Deposits for Early Bird:
R&2's - Pre-6's: $25.00
Thresh 1 - Level 1: $50.00
Levels 2 - 4: $75.00
Levels 5 - 6: $100.00
Families with two or more children receive a 10% discount on the 2nd child and a 5% discount on the third child. Only one child may receive the Early Bird Discount. If a coupon is brought in at time of registration, no other discounts apply.
Insurance and Registration Fee
An insurance and registration fee per individual is required at the time of enrollment and annually thereafter. This fee is non-refundable.
Rhythm-N-2's through Pre-Ballet: $35.00
One to three hours per week: $40.00
Over three hours per week: $45.00
Absences and Makeups
A student is considered "enrolled" and semester tuition is due and expected even if a student simply stops attending classes. Special arrangements may be made due to extreme illness or injury. No tuition deduction or allowance will be made due to the absence, withdrawal, or dismissal of the student. Tuition is not transferable and is non-refundable unless withdrawal is due to prolonged illness or injury verified by a doctor's note. Please communicate with the front office. Accounts more than 90 days past due will be sent to our collection agency, North Coast Collections.
Missed classes due to illness or holidays must be made up in a lower level than the student's regular class, (R&2s, R&3s and R&4s are to make up classes in their same level) during the same semester in which the class was missed. Makeup classes are not transferable to other family members. First time students may withdraw up to the fourth lesson in the semester for a full refund (excluding classes taken and registration fee).
Enrollment in Petaluma School of Ballet is on a semester basis. The school year is divided into two semesters with a total of 38 weeks of dance instruction for the year. After the fourth lesson, the semester tuition for first time students is fully owed and non-refundable. By enrolling at the beginning of a semester, it is understood that tuition for the entire semester is owed.
Tuition must be paid in 5 installments by by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express OR bypost-dated checks held by Petaluma School of Ballet. We do not accept full semester payments. In order to use a credit card for installment payments, a registration form for automatic withdrawals must be signed in the office. If you are not pre-registered for our Spring Semester by January 13th, the first installment payment is due January 16 (first day of Spring classes) then due: Feb 26th, Mar 26th, Apr 26th and May 26th. Tuition will be prorated for students who enroll after the semester has begun.
Late Fee Policy
Installment payments are due by post-dated check or credit card on the dates listed above. A late fee of 20% up to $30 will be applied for returned checks and declined credit cards, or if paid after the due date. Returned checks may be subject to triple the amount as allowed by law. Admission to class may be denied to students with past due accounts. The Early Bird Discount becomes null and void if installments are not made on time.
Classes may be cancelled for insufficient enrollment or changed at the discretion of the Owner/Director. Credit for cancelled classes may be given.
Some scholarships are available for Level 5 and 6 based on financial need or merit.